Our vegan Creamy Chanterelle Soup recipe couldn’t be more simple – it also couldn’t be more tasty! Hearty, savoury, subtly sweet and full of wild mushroom flavour.
6 Reasons to make this Creamy Chanterelle Soup
We love this vegan Creamy Chanterelle Soup recipe because it’s
- Quick & easy – ready in 15 minutes
- Simple – the few ingredients let the chanterelle mushrooms shine
- Super creamy and rich!
- Full of wild mushroom flavour
- Amazingly tasty!
The flavour of the chanterelle mushroom is unique among wild mushrooms, and stands out just like its appearance. When blended, this mushroom really shows off its potential. Coconut milk delivers a whole lot of creaminess while onion, garlic, some herbs and veg stock provide some savoury support.
Wild mushroom cream soup is a true delicacy. We love the simplicity of this recipe. When we come back from a cool and misty morning of mushroom picking in the woods, what we need is to recharge and warm our bodies. We don’t want to spend hours following a complicated recipe. This creamy mushroom soup comes together quickly and is the perfect warm treat!
Serve with bread
We love to serve it with our homemade, super wholesome Super Seedy Sourdough Bread. A bit of bread also serves perfectly to wipe out the last bits of soup from the plate – you don’t want to waste a single drop of this delicious soup ;-) We prefer dark rye bread for its rich, wholesome flavour. It adds its strong flavour and firm texture to the meal, but without masking the creamy chanterelle flavour. A perfect match!
Vegan Chanterelle Recipes
If you have ever had a mushroom cream soup and liked it, you need to try this recipe! Our Creamy Chanterelle Soup is probably the best mushroom soup I’ve ever eaten. But it’s so simple and easy! Or, if you are simply looking for chanterelle recipes, this one is a must try!
Here are some other vegan chanterelle recipes we also love:
Creamy Chanterelle Soup
- 1 cup chanterelles chopped, densely packed
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tsp fresh sage chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp stock powder
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, fry onions in olive oil until translucent and beginning to brown. Stir frequently.
- Add chanterelles and cook, until they have shrunk to about half the size. If they don’t give off at least some liquid, add a splash of water.
- Add herbs and garlic, keep frying for another two minutes. If you want to use some whole mushrooms as garnish, take them out now.
- Add stock powder, water and coconut milk. Bring to a boil.
- Blend the soup using a stick blender, until smooth and only small mushroom bits remain.
- Serve with swirl of coconut milk, a sprinkle of extra herbs and some bread on the side.
Happy cooking, and enjoy your creamy chanterelle soup! ;-)
Paul and Sophie